Skip to content
- Ph.D. in Structural Geology
2016 – 2021, University of Southern California, USA
- M.Sc. cum Laude in Economic Geology
2013 – 2016, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Honours cum Laude in Applied Geology
2011, Stellenbosch University
- B.Sc. cum Laude in Earth Science
2008 – 2010, Stellenbosch University
- Research Scientist
2022 – ongoing, Geological Survey of Canada
- Postdoctoral Researcher
2022, Geological Survey of Canada
- Consulting Exploration Geologist
- Exploration Geologist
2013 – 2016, Vedanta Resources
- Mine Geologist
2012 – 2013, Black Mountain Mining
- Geology Intern
2008 – 2010, Black Mountain Mining
Training courses & workshops:
- 2019 – “Orogenic Gold in Africa and Worldwide”, presented by SEG at UCT, South Africa.
- 2018 – “Image Analysis in Geosciences”, presented by Renée Heilbronner and Matĕj Peč at MIT, USA.
- 2015 – “Exploration Drill Site Safety” presented by Colin Rice, Rosebank, South Africa.
- 2015 – “Maxwell Datashed, QAQCr & Logchief” training, presented by Maxwell, Sandton, South Africa.
- 2014 – Aeromagnetics interpretation workshop, presented by Leigh Rankin in Sandton, South Africa.
- 2014 – “Introduction to Micromine” course, presented by Micromine in Sandton, South Africa.
- 2014 – “Introduction to Vulcan” course, presented by Maptek on-site at Aggeneys, South Africa.
- 2013 – “Introduction to ArcGIS desktop for mining geoscience” course, by Esri in Midrand, South Africa.
- 2013 – “Applied structural geology in exploration and mining” workshop, given by SRK in Uppsala, Sweden.
Awards, Fellowships & Grants:
- 2019 – Awarded a USC Research Enhancement fellowship, which includes a one-year fellowship and additional funding for research.
- 2019 – Awarded an AGeS2 grant to conduct Re-Os geochronology on sulfides associated with gold mineralization, at the Yale Metal Geochemistry Center.
- 2019 – Awarded a GSA research grant to conduct additional fieldwork and Qemscan phase mapping of samples from the Oro Cruz gold deposit, SE California.
- 2018 – Awarded the Corstorphine Medal by the Geological Society of South Africa (GSSA) for my M.Sc. thesis, which recognizes a thesis of “outstanding merit and international best standard”.
- 2012 – Awarded the Haughton Award by the GSSA, which recognizes the best Honours project produced by a geology student at a South African university in the previous year.
- 2011 – Achieved first place in the PetroSA-Söghne Awards, a geological general knowledge competition between the Honours students of Stellenbosch University, University of Cape Town, and University of the Western Cape.
Teaching & Mentoring Experience:
- Field Courses
2011, 2017, and 2018; South Africa, Argentina, and Spain
- Mentoring of Undergraduate Students
2017 – 2018, University of Southern California
- Teaching Assistant
2009 – 2011, 2016, and 2017; various courses